The past weeks have felt like an ongoing hurricane.
Not only in our personal lives but also in our businesses.
Some of us have held onto our hats and some hats have flown off!
Regardless, we all have to clean up the mess, take stock and decide how we are going to move forward.
In business, we often talk about knowing what our key point of difference is. What makes us stand out from others?
The best points of difference have three key characteristics:
- Desirable: something that people actually want or would value.
- Deliverable: a promise the brand can actually deliver on (and people will believe it can deliver on)
- Differentiated: something that is distinct from what other competitive brands/businesses offer.
In business, it does pay to be different so how can you find your point of difference now?
Here are 7 key areas you can lean into one or all.
- Experience or expertise
- Better processes
- Exceptional quality and/or consistent results
- A wider range of products or services
- More personalised and/or quicker service
- Well-known clients for increased credibility.
- How you build, hold and value the relationships you have with your clients.
Look closely at the needs and frustrations of your potential clients has that changed or has that stayed the same?
How do you support them?
What are your competitors doing or more importantly not doing?
Take the time to determine your strengths and communicate them to your target audience in a way that gets them to notice you above all else. Demonstrate your unique difference and be sure to incorporate it into your messages everywhere louder than ever.